Registration Policies: *denotes New Policy Changes beginning June 2016.
2016-2017 DANCE CLASS REGISTRATION - *Monthly payments may be made only by Credit/Debit card pre-
Fees: Registration - $35 per student with a 10% discount for additional child.
New Student Tuition deposit -$50 (to be applied to May (Returning students do not pay this)
Costume deposit - $25 (to be applied to spring recital costume balance due Oct. 16)
Recital fee: $85 Due Feb. 1
Auditions for the The Alabama Youth Ballet, a non-profit performance group, may be made by appointment and
are also held in May and August.
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are placed in classes first according to age, and
later by skill level and by permission of the directors.
- Registration and payment must be complete prior to beginning classes.
- Tuition Payments are due on the 21st and late after the 1st. A $15 late fee will be applied on the 2nd.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students registered at the Stevan Grebel Center for Dance are registered for a budgeted year payable in
equal installments from August to May, and are responsible for payments through the end of the school
- Tuition and fees are non-refundable.
- Classes do have maximums to insure quality instruction. Be sure to register early.
- RATES: based on $65 per month for each hour of class per week. Monthly payments are based on the full
year tuition from August-May and 35 weeks per year.
The highlighted color indicates the preferred designated class leotard.
• Creative Movement: Light Pink
• Pre-Ballet: Lilac
• Beginning Ballet: Light Blue
• Ballet 1: Seafoam
• Ballet 2: Mulberry
• Ballet 3: Burgundy
*Matching Burgundy chiffon skirt
*Pre-Pointe shoes required
• Ballet 4: Royal Blue
*Matching Royal Blue chiffon skirt
• Ballet 5: Navy Blue
*Matching Navy Blue chiffon skirt
• Ballet 6: Black
*Matching Black chiffon skirt
- Pink tights and pink ballet slippers are required for all ballet classes.
- Skirts may only be worn for pre-pointe and pointe classes.
- Ballet 1 and above recommended leotard style is Mirella camisole.
- Black jazz shoes are required for all jazz classes.
- Black tights or black jazz pants may be worn.
- Black tap shoes are required for all tap classes.
- Black tights, black jazz pants, or black shorts may be worn.
2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS (36 DANCING WEEKS or 10 Monthly tuition payments optional and
based on 36 weeks, not by the number of classes in a month. 10% discount for full year's payment).
August 14, 2017
SPRING 2018 Costume Fee Due - Feb. 1, 2018
Stevan Grebel's The Nutcracker with the ALABAMA YOUTH BALLET and a Community Cast. Dec. 16 & 17,
2017 at Pelham High School
SPRING BREAK 2018 - Pelham City Schools, March 26-30
SPRING 2018 Performance Fee Due - Feb. 1, 2017 at , May 19 at Pelham High School
SUMMER 2018 Summer classes will be held at the new Pelham Recreation Center tbaa
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students are placed in classes first
according to age, and later by skill level and by permission of the directors. Register early to
reserve your space in a specific class.
Summer Registration is separate except for the Alabama Youth Ballet, which is INCLUDED year
round by contract.
|Stevan Grebel Center for Dance
Stevan and Deborah Grebel, Directors
2639 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, Alabama, 35124
Shelby County's only pre-professional dance program.
Teaching Dance in the Birmingham area for 44 years!
*SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO
We will be closing Grebel Dance
on May 31, 2018, after 15 years of
serving Pelham and surrounding
communities. We would like to
express our deepest gratitude to
all those who have supported and
grown with us over the years. We
will continue to teach, however, at
the Pelham Rec Center, and hope
to have other venues around
Birmingham as well. As soon as
we get our schedules ready, we
will post them here. For now,
classes will continue through May
20, with our final Spring Dance
Performance at "home" in the
studio. Please be patient while we
prepare the studio to become a
stage with seating area for the
performance. We are planning to
remove the dividing wall and
open it up to accommodate our
friends and family and a
Tickets will be sold online at
proceeds will go to help us
prepare our space.